Achieving operational excellence and continually improving the quality of products is a top priority for all manufacturing businesses.
When it comes to maintaining quality across an entire production line, the following must be considered:
- Defining quality from a consumer perspective
- Adopting a quality-first mindset
- Recognising the costs of poor quality
- Using recommended quality tools to drive improvement
- Developing a culture of quality throughout the business.
To ensure that employees are all working towards the same goal of quality assurance, regular training is necessary to demonstrate the inter-relationship between time, cost and quality.
MDA Training’s Quality Management Training Simulation
Our approach to quality control training in manufacturing can be delivered entirely virtually using Zoom or WebEx. Our Quality Management Training Simulation gives employees first-hand experience of revenue and profit can be directly affected by the quality of output from the production process.
Employees will be required to choose three different products, each of which with varying levels of complexity, and balance this complexity and the cost of defect-free production against the price that consumers are willing to pay for each.
To succeed, employees must work together to develop appropriate process plans by using quality management tools and techniques, across four key phases. These are:
- Choosing their products
- Digitally manufacturing their products
- Checking the quality of their products
- Running the production process a second time and achieving quality assurance.
This simulation is self-contained in an online app, and can be delivered as a standalone solution or as part of a wider manufacturing training programme. For more information, please download the PDF below.