Graduate training – Asset management
Training and developing your graduates is a major investment. Get it right and you have future leaders. Get it wrong and you live with the consequences for years to come.
We know that it takes a lot of effort, energy and investment to give graduates the best start. So our approach to graduate development equips your graduates with the skills they need to be effective as soon as they hit the desk. We are able to design and deliver a tailored programme, drawn from the modules below, to meet the development needs of your graduates. Based on your needs, your programme can be designed to blend technical skills together with modules around personal, interpersonal and commercial skills, and embrace a blend of in-class, online and mobile delivery. We are also able to offer boot camps where clients would like their graduates, joining from non-financial or banking backgrounds, to be brought up-to-speed on core subjects prior to starting the main graduate programme.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Introduction to fund management
- Equity derivatives for fund management
- Equity markets
- Fixed income markets
- Operations management
- Portfolio construction
- Private wealth management
- Structured products.
- Introduction to derivatives
- Credit derivatives
- Equity derivatives
- Exchange traded derivatives
- Modelling credit derivatives
- Modelling fixed income and interest rate derivatives
- Over-The-Counter derivatives.
- Introduction to financial modelling
- Advanced financial modelling
- Building enterprise value models
- Comps modelling
- Debt structuring
- Equity DCF valuation models
- EVA modelling
- Project finance modelling
- LBO modelling
- M&A modelling
- VBA and Excel.
- Introduction to fixed income
- Collateralised Debt Obligations
- Convertible bonds
- Fixed income analytics
- Fixed income derivatives.
Financial and commercial awareness
- Accounting for derivatives
- Accounting updates
- Analysing financial statements
- Cash flow forecasting
- Commercial decision-making
- Comparative valuation
- Debt and equity funding solutions
- Financial reporting
- Fundamentals of finance
- Introduction to financial statements
- Using management information to improve performance.
- Introduction to alternatives
- Hedge funds
- Private equity
- Real estate.
- Behavioural finance and investor psychology
- Risk management
- Technical analysis
- Trading strategies.
Personal and interpersonal skills
- Building high-performing teams
- Coaching for performance
- Delivering powerful business presentations
- Developing pitch skills
- Driving projects for success
- Effective business writing skills
- Identifying the drivers of value
- Influencing colleagues and others
- Making a personal impact
- Managing yourself and others
- Mapping business processes
- Negotiating skills
- Preparing for new responsibilities
- Taking people with you
- Working through others.
Graduate programmes designed and delivered drawing on 25 years’ experience:
Tried and tested process Key features of our approach